10.31.2012

Post Storm

We made it through the storm. We were so blessed and so lucky that we never lost power. It got scary monday night through tuesday morning and ended up moving Logan into our room. The wind was beating his side of the house so bad. He couldn't sleep and I was scared his windows were going to break from the wind or from something hitting into it. Thank goodness we aren't on the ground level so we didn't have to worry about flooding. There is a new river running through the gully by our house along with a small lake and a couple of large trees blown over. Luckily the keep those away from our apartments. It's still rainy but no wind and it's icy cold. Prayers going out to those who are a lot worse off than we are.
Now onto Halloween. Logan is an adorable little tiger. And I'm a lil less adorable Pirate. Haha I think I did pretty well for only going with what I could find in my closet. We had a blast trunk-or-treating on Saturday before the Storm came in. Now, I'm feeling Holiday depression. Yes, Halloween Holiday Depression. HHD I'm calling it. I wish I could be home trick or treating with Logan in my parents neighborhood. I guess it's mostly just because I always figured that's what I'd be doing. Dressing up and taking my kid out for their first Halloween. Instead I'm going to dress Logan in his costume, make dinner and maybe we'll get some trick-or-treaters. I bought candy just for it. We will see. I don't mean to be a sad-sack or anything it's just... you start to realize what your dreams were when you can't have them anymore.
On a lighter note, HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! here is an adorable picture to send you off with :)

No comments:

Post a Comment