1.03.2010

Hon, I've a Feeling We Aren't In a Singles Ward Anymore

Since it was Christmas vacation the majority of our neighbors are visiting family. Therefore, we had no clue where our ward met nor at what time. We ended up going with our married friends to their ward. From the second we walked into the chapel and we sat down on the crayon marked benches I knew we weren't in the singles ward anymore. The meeting went on as any other meeting and then came the sacrament. In a singles ward, It's dead quiet. Everyone is bowing their heads, have their eyes closed, or are reading their scriptures. Not in a Married Ward. The sacrament was broken up with sudden outbursts from the various babies throughout the chapel and NO ONE with kids had their eyes closed or had their scriptures open probably in the fear that if they closed their eyes who knows what might happen with their kid and if they had their scriptures open the precious pages might not make it the remainder of the meeting. Even with all this, the spirit was still strong and continued to be through all of the testimonies that followed.
Another thing about married wards is that instead of saying, "I'm so grateful for my roommates and my wonderful friends", it's suddenly changed to, "I'm so grateful for my spouse and my son and/or daughter. They bring such a joy to my life". It's not a bad thing.... just a shock after you're so use to hearing about roommates and suddenly there is babies everywhere!!! Still, it was a great experience and I really enjoyed this new change :D

No comments:

Post a Comment